Great article by Niklas Göke with four key points and three compelling quotes.
“We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be.”May Sarton
“There are two ways to get enough. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.”G. K. Chesterton
“An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind.”Mahatma Gandi
The point of emotional intelligence is simple —
- Understand your strengths and weaknesses. No one is perfect, no one knows everything.
- Know which battles are worth fighting and which are a waste of time and energy. Face the monster when you must, take time to regroup and strategize when you can.
- Learn from mistakes but don’t beat yourself up over them. Everyone makes them.
- Don’t avoid and don’t blame. You can learn if you do either.
The article puts in in the negative — what emotionally intelligent people don’t do.
- Stop running away from emotionally challenging situations.
- Stop blaming others.
- Stop beating yourself up.
- Stop fighting battles not worth fighting.